Aural Theory Materials Cont'd.....
***** RHYTHMIC TRANSCRIPTION TEST ON TUESDAY 4/1 - (THIS IS NOT A JOKE)*******
-DOTTED/TIED RHYTHMS - WHOLE/HALF/QUARTER/EIGHT NOTES/RESTS
******BONUS CURVE FOR COMPLETED (AND CORRECT) PRACTICE DROPBCOK MATERIALS********
4/2 - Rhythm Transcription Test
FOR NEXT CLASS - SING THE ABOVE MELODIA EXERCISES (EMPHASIS ON INTERVALS) AND TAP 16TH NOT BELLSON PAGES 27-31
BOTH OF THESE INDIVIDUALLY !
- WE HAVE 6 CLASSES LEFT TOGETHER !!
- THINGS WE SHOULD BE COMFORTABLE WITH FOR THE FINAL / THE END OF THIS CLASS
- READING / TAPPING : LUIS BELLSON UP TO PAGE 33
- TRANSCRIBING : LUIS BELLSON UP TO PAGE 33
- SIGHT SINGING : UP TO PAGE 3 NO PIANO , WITH PIANO UP TO PAGE 5 (PAGE 3 NO PIANO)
- TRANSCRIPTION : UP TO PAGE 3 NO PIANO , WITH PIANO ?
- 2 PART SINGING - SINGING A PREPARED CHORAL WITH 2 PARTS , STEPWISE MOTION , SINGING EITHER PART
3 - Skip to vocal melody at 00:55
4. Melody Starts here at 00:15 - What notes are in the melody ?
What about the piano intro ? Can we get any notes ?
Transcription Assignment: Due Next Class
1. Bass Solo Starts at 00:35 and repeats until 1:05 - Can you get any of the notes the bass is playing ?
2. the Horns come in at 00:50 and repeat the same notes until 1:02 - Can you hear any of the notes they are playing ? Specifically which instruments ?
3. From 1:04 to 1:16 the whole thing changes keys - can you get any of the bass notes now ? The horn notes ?
4. Miles starts his solo at 1:30 - The first 8 measures go until 1:44 - How many individual notes are there in that time ? Which notes are they ? Do they pertain to any scale / harmony ?