Some Questions we want to answer, just from listening:
- List the Instrumentation
- Can you name the order in which each instrument enters ?
- What instrument has the (a) highest Range , and (b) Lowest Range
- Which instrument is (a) most active , and (b) Least Active
- Pick one of the instruments - can you listen , and then sing back any portion of the part being played by that instrument ? (the melody they are playing? just the rhythm ? the starting note ?
1. Between the Bars
2. Crazy Race
3. Shining Star
4. Corner Pocket
- Which example was easiest / hardest ? What affects the difficulty for an exercise like his one ?
Intro To Quarter Notes
Exercise Instructions :
- In early steps, vocalize the beats in the measure (acting as your own metronome) , while tapping the written notes